Stroud Technical School Old Boys Association

You are here :

History of Stroud Technical School

Stroud Craft School originated in Downfield Road, having been previously Brimscombe Polytechnic, and became Stroud & District Central School on 30 August 1910 with first intake of 81 pupils. It became Stroud Secondary Technical School at the insistence of the Butler Education Act of 1944.

All pupils transferred to Marling School when the two schools amalgamated September 1965.

The Stroud Technical School Old Boys' Association (S.T.S.O.B.A.) have retained their separate identity since so have had no new intake since 1964 but are still prospering with over 100 attending at last years Annual Dinner. Present membership of the Old Boys' Association is in excess of 320 and still growing mainly through the efforts of the Secretary renewing Old Boy contact via their website.

To find out more, visit the Stroud Technical School Old Boys Association website by clicking here.

 

Marling School Sixth Form

 

Year 7 Camp 2013

 

Order or Download the School Prospectus

 

Meet the Head

 

Parent Information

Click here for useful information for parents.

Marling Results

 

Read the latest edition of The Clarion

 

Letters Home to Parents

 

'Outstanding' Ofsted Report

 

INK Online Student Magazine

 
 
Marling
calendar

Today's events:

        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

December 2017 next


contact

Main Office:
01453 762251
6th Form Office:
01453 760156